Tuesday, November 11, 2008

A Day of Remembrance

Today is Remembrance Day. A national holiday in Canada.

A day to honor the men and women who have sacrificed with their lives to protect freedom around the world.

97 Canadians have died this year in Afghanistan. Young men in whose faces I see my sons and as I watch their pictures flip by on the TV screen, I feel the pain of their mothers.

Today my family wears poppies to honor those that died in the Great Wars.

Today, I honor my Grandfather who is a veteran.

My several Great Uncles who fought, and died. My Great aunts, who supported them at home.

I pray for my American friends who have sons, nephews and brothers (or daughters, neices and sisters) currently fighting.

May one day soon this slaughter of our young people end.

1 comment:

Vanessa said...

I salue our veterans and pray for those who are still in combat!!