Saturday, December 20, 2008

And you think YOUR Saturday sucks?

Its 5:30 in the morning.

Its -33 C (that's pretty much -35F too). Yes you read that right. MINUS 33. Before the windchill. And its a clear and starry morning. With WIND.

My garage door opener is frozen. Shut. The van is parked outside. Plugged in (and not because its a hybrid as a California friend assumed).

And I am waking my two youngest up to go to hockey.

One game in 45 minutes. Another two hours later, and then two more this afternoon.

And my husband? Oh he is away with the oldest two in cities further north. Also for hockey.

'Tis the season. Brrrrrrrrr.

3 comments:

Jenny said...

I am never going to complain about winter again. Ever. Oh dear.

Anonymous said...

I am never ever ever going to complain about my ONE child's hockey schedule again!

On the plus side...With the temps that cold I bet it feels warm inside the rink.

Heather aka puppy love

Anonymous said...

Speaking of hockey, I was just on stampandshout.com and found a mini-sticker that made me think of you. It has the Obama "O" and says "Hockey Mama for Obama." Check it out--you and the boys might like it! ;o)