Tuesday, April 7, 2009

We made her proud


The funeral was hard. Very hard and at the same time very wonderful. I think, I hope, we honored her memory in the way she would have wished.


I cannot begin to express my gratitude for my friends and family that made the effort to be there for the day. To stand beside us at the graveside. To listen to her eulogies. To hold my hand. To pass me kleenex. To make sure I napped and ate and laughed.


She is free of pain and age and grief and we will carry on in her honor because she wouldn't expect anything less from us.


I am who I am in so many ways because of the woman she was.

3 comments:

Di said...

You are going to have to start standing in the front of all your family photos or be lost in the hugeness of your boys. You truly are a part of who your Nan was. She would have been extremely proud!

Anonymous said...

Hi Jen,

I like your boys' jackets! ;)

It was a privilege to be with you and your "boys" as you celebrated your Nan's life. You did her proud and set an amazing example for your "boys" as well as us! I am proud to call you friend!!

One Busy Momma said...

Beautiful picture of a beautiful family.

So sorry for the loss of your Nan... keep those memories of her close to you...and know that she will always be looking out for you!