Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Not Being There

Today I am learning that it's hard not being there. It's hard not being there for my sister when she needs me. She is sick today, she is sore today, she needs me. I am not there. Shelby has gone home, her family is 6 hours away. I am sad.

I have worn many hats in the last couple of years for different members of our family. Power of attorney, trustee, executor, auntie, sister, mother, wife, friend, daughter, granddaughter. Today I feel like everyone needs me, the banker, the lawyer, the financial advisor, the accountant, my mom, my dad, my sister, my boys. Today I had to choose. I had to choose my son, he needs mom today. I know Jenn understands, but it's hard.

Pray for us to have the strength to get through these hard times. Pray for Jenn as she is away from her family for another week at least. She is sick today and I am not there, it's hard.

I love you Jenn and know I wish I were there.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hang in there, your sister will be okay. She's in very good hands. :)

--Adrienne from Mimi's

Vanessa said...

Praying she will continue to recover and be healed soon! My prayers are with all of you!