Friday, March 12, 2010

What's That Light at the End of the Tunnel?

I am about to emerge from the 7 month long fog I have been living in.   This fog creeps into our lives, cold and icey, and steals all our free time in late August.  Early mornings, late evenings and certainly every weekend consumed and we entire the dark tunnel of our winters. 

But last night at about 10:30 pm I heard a large horn signalling this train was heading out of the icey fog and a light at the end of the proverbial tunnel became apparent.   So it might have just been the buzzer signalling the end of the third period of the last hockey game of the entire season, but still I saw light!

And I see lazy Saturdays in my future.  You know, lazy meaning I can finally get some house work done, or venture into our yard noone has touched since September.   Except the next tournament for "Spring Hockey" starts next weekend.

I had better enjoy tomorrow.

(all pictures courtesy of my Sister taken at this weeks Provincial Championships)

1 comment:

Tammy said...

I can some what relate... see I am a hockey widow.. Fall season and Spring season mean my husband has no games to play for a few weeks in August. He had two games yesterday and one today.. though I don't go and watch anymore.. only did that when we were dating. Keeps him happy though.

Tammy