Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Boys to Men: Year 5

I started this tradition by accident one hot summer's day in 2006.  I was laying on the dock and my boys stood above me asking for snacks.  I snapped a picture.

THE BOYS 2006

And I loved the picture and so we did it again.

THE BOYS 2007

2008 was not a great year.  In fact it was a really crappy year and I was not feeling sentimental or traditional, I was just missing the baby girl that had left.  And so we didn't take that picture.  I regret that now.

The next summer we re-started our tradition. It was a giant shock to me to see two of my sons with armpit hair. 

THE BOYS 2009

This year, the shocking revelation of THREE sons with pit hair meant that the shirts went back on.  Honestly, there are some things mothers are just never really prepared for.  Your children hitting puberty one after the other is one of those things. 

THE BOYS 2010
Oh how I love my sons, who despite being bigger than me and having more hairy parts than me will always, always be my little boys.

4 comments:

Alyssa said...

Oh my gosh! Look at how much they've all changed! You can totally see the brotherly love and it's fantastic.

Kuchenmeister said...

That is an amazing tradition! The are so handsome@

Di said...

So love seeing this photo, year after year. They are all growing into fine young men Jen!

Maura said...

Wow what a nice thing to have for them as they grow older! Its crazy how much they have changed!